Are you considering running an interstate meeting, seminar or conference for your business? It can be a big responsibility, so you want to make sure everything runs efficiently.
In this article, we’ll take a look at what you need to consider when organising an interstate event, and how choosing a reliable host venue can really help.
What to consider for your interstate event
When planning an event, there is always a lot to consider. With an interstate event, there is even more to cover, so it is important to plan meticulously, triple-checking that don’t leave anything out.
To help you get started, we have pulled together some of the key areas to research and plan:
- Venue – One of the most important decisions is deciding on your venue for the event. Plan what kind of event you will be running and make sure the venue you are looking at can meet all of your requirements. If possible, take a trip to visit the venue before making any further decisions.
- Transport – It’s important to make sure that your event location is easily accessible, so people can get to and from without much trouble. Consider transport links and parking, including disabled parking access. To help participants, create a document with all the travel details and directions they may need. Research reputable taxi firms in the area. In some situations, you may be able to work with the company to set a price for your attendees when they travel to the event from the airport or their hotel.
- Accommodation – If your event is interstate, it is probable that your participants will need a hotel. Make sure there is accommodation nearby and negotiate group rates with hotels in advance.
- Room set up – Since you will need to travel to your event, you may have limited time to set everything up before the event starts. Make sure that the venue is aware of all your requirements, so they set up before you arrive. This should include your seating plans, setting up a registration desk, electrical equipment you need for the day, etc.
- Printing – For a big event, you may require name badges, printed programmes and other materials. It could save you time for the venue to print them for you, so they are ready when you arrive. Plus you don’t have to worry about anything getting damaged or lost during your travels.
- Break out area – As with any event, it’s important to have breaks throughout the day to keep participants fresh and maximise concentration. Make sure you add in break time to your schedule and look for a venue with a comfortable seating area where refreshments can be provided.
- Catering – If your event is over a whole day, you will need more than just light refreshments. Although participants can leave the venue to find a cafe at lunchtime, this can often be difficult in an unfamiliar city. An easier option is to look into catering options at your venue. Many venues will be able to provide a good choice of options and cater for any special dietary requirements. Plus, this is an excellent opportunity for people to network and build stronger working relationships.
- Co-ordinator – You will undoubtedly be busy on the day of the event, so it is wise to consider having an event co-ordinator, who is there to make sure everything runs to schedule and plan. This can be helpful and will be a weight off your mind from preparation through event completion.
- Reliable service – Consider finding a venue provider with a good reputation who operates in multiple cities. This will mean you will only have to do most of your research once, but you will have a reliable option for future events if you change locations.
Events with Saxons
At Saxons, we have an excellent range of facilities, with meeting rooms, seminar rooms, conference rooms, training facilities, computer labs and more.
We also understand the importance of finding a trustworthy venue provider who is able to assist with organising all aspects of your event. We have many years of experience, and are here to help you every step of the way. Our team will listen to your needs and ensure that everything runs to your requirements, smoothly and successfully.
We’ll take care of everything for you, from setting up rooms, registration for attendees, printing and photocopying. We can also provide a healthy choice of tasty catering packages and refreshments throughout the day in our comfortable break-out areas.