If you’re running a training session, seminar or meeting, there is a lot to consider, from the location, the timetable of the day, making sure everyone can attend and much more. However, catering is something that is often overlooked.
Catering at a business event can make a big difference to your employees, not only to their enjoyment and comfort during the day, but it can also help to improve the overall experience.
If you have an event, whether it’s an early morning meeting, an all day training session, or an evening networking event, the catering should be on your list of things to organise.
In this article, we take a look at why catering is important to the success of your event and what you need to bear in mind during the planning process.
Advantages of arranging catering
- Health – Everyone needs to eat throughout the day, however, it is important to take breaks too so everyone can pop to the toilet or stretch their legs. Start the day off with a good hearty breakfast, followed by a mid-morning drink and snack, a healthy lunch and delicious dinner.
- Appreciation – Putting on a lovely lunch shows you have put in the effort, which will make your staff feel more appreciated and happier in their work.
- Feedback – Taking a break to eat is an excellent time to get feedback on the training so far. This is a good time to address any questions too and use and suggestions during the remainder of the day.
- Attention span – No one can concentrate for 8 hours straight and so it is important to split up the day with breaks, even if they are only small. 10 – 15 minutes is enough to let people clear their head, plus grab a drink and a snack, to reboot for the next session.
- Networking – Lunch time is the perfect opportunity for everyone to socialise, whilst eating together. They can talk about the training and share their thoughts and ideas which is a perfect way to make the most of the training day.
Disadvantages of arranging catering
- Time – It can take a lot of time to find the perfect caterer for your event, as well as time to go through their products and choose what you will order.
- Trust – It is hard to find and trust a caterer who you have never tried before, as it won’t be until the actual day when you’ll find out if you made the right choice or not.
- Quality – Food that is below standard can make employees feel underappreciated and disappointed, or hungry for the rest of the day. It’s important to find a good quality solution that will provide everything you’re looking for, however this does come at a cost.
What should you consider when organising catering for a business event?
Arranging corporate catering is something that you need to do your research into. A soggy sandwich can be worse than nothing at all, so make sure you find a supplier that you are happy with and that you feel you can trust. Ask around and see if there is anyone that your colleagues have used in the past that they can recommend.
Also bear in mind that where you hold your training depends on what catering options are available, especially if you’re looking for a hot meal.
Catering options at Saxons
At Saxons, we are able to provide catering tailored to your event, whether it’s a breakfast meeting, or all day event with time to network. We can provide a large range of delicious catering options, from breakfast, salads, sandwiches, hot meals, platters, finger food, whole cakes, beverages and much more. There’s something to suit everyone’s taste and budget, with it fitting around your schedule and with attention to detail for event catering that you’ll be happy to use time and time again!